Over 1500+ delegates will meet to choose state Dem officeholders
On Saturday, March 8 over 1500+ delegates from all corners of New Mexico, including our own Doña Ana County delegation, will meet at the Route 66 Casino and Hotel in Albuquerque to select our nominees for the June 3 primary. Over the past 2 months, thousands of Democrats have participated in county conventions in all 33 counties, bringing us now to the final step in our primary process.
DPNM nominees are men and women that have ideas and solutions to create jobs, give our kids a world class education for the 21st century, while keeping our communities safe.
Some of our candidates are running unopposed:
- Lt. Governor nominee Deb Haaland: Ms. Haaland, a longtime Democratic party activist would become the state’s first native American Lt. Gov, if elected.
- Secretary of State nominee Maggie Toulousse-Oliver: as the current Bernalillo County Clerk, Ms. Toulousse-Oliver brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise and is a bright star in the Democratic Party.
- Attorney General nominee Hector Balderas: as the current state auditor, Mr. Balderas has worked tirelessly to make sure state agencies are using taxpayer funds in an efficient and timely manner.
- State Auditor nominee Tim Keller: State Senator Keller, first elected in 2008 and current Senate Majority Whip, has demonstrated his commitment to ensuring government works smart while promoting strong Democratic core values.
- State Land Commissioner Ray Powell: Commissioner Powell has consistently managed our public lands in a professional manner while bringing in increased revenues that are setting state records.
- Senator Tom Udall: Senator Udall is seeking a second term in the US Senate and never stops working for New Mexico.
These men and women offer ideas and solutions to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Their outstanding leadership and strong commitment to New Mexico ensure that we are ready to build a lasting future for all working men and women and their kids.