3 years and 36 days since Governor Martinez took office and our kids are worse off than ever before in state history.
- 50th and dead last in the nation for the wellbeing of children
- 1st in child hunger
- deliberate and focused war on teachers to mask policy failures
We can do better.
DPNM is committed to giving our kids a world class education in our public schools. Thanks to the efforts of NM House Democrats, led by House Education Chair Mimi Stewart, HB 3 has been introduced and is being proposed for New Mexico’s public schools.
HB 3 Highlights:
- Restoring trust and encouraging accountability: local voters have the power to hold their local school board accountable
- Increased salaries for teachers and educational assistants: the teaching profession is in crisis in New Mexico. We must retain and attract quality teachers.
- Reduce class size: return to maximum class size limits. Students in overcrowded classrooms often suffer from lack of attention
- Reading proficiency: Reading is fundamental. HB 3 provides increased dollars to support schools that need early literacy and language development.
- Education community: this bill reflects input from education communities across the state, held by interim committees throughout the year. Democrats believe everyone belongs at the table.
Will you contribute $25 or $50 to help defeat Governor Martinez and Hanna Skandera so we can build a better future for New Mexico’s children? Please help us by contributing whatever you can spare today.
HB 3 represents a new opportunity to improve our schools and help teachers, parents and kids get the education and skills they need to work and compete in the 21st century. Together with the early childhood ballot initiative, it is clear that Democrats are ready with a plan and vision for New Mexico’s children.
Democrats: moving forward to build the future.