2020 Here We Come!
We have a lot of work to do this year. From conventions, organizing, fundraising, and voting for our candidates.
Dear Democrats of Doña Ana County:
The novel coronavirus (Covid-19) has now been confirmed in New Mexico and Governor Lujan Grisham has declared a state public health emergency.
In order to minimize the impact of Covid-19 in Doña Ana County, it is important to be proactive in limiting contact in public settings. As Governor Grisham said “Every one of us should be modeling the very best public health behavior in this state.” She also advised “You should think about not going to church. You should think about not going to your community meeting. You should think about not going to a neighborhood association meeting.”
In light of that advice and with an abundance of caution, DPDAC announces that:
1. There will be no in-person County-wide DPDAC general or committee meetings at least through the end of March. Districts are encouraged to do the same.
Plans are being made to hold the County Executive Committee Meeting scheduled for March 25th as a virtual meeting — details will be provided as soon as possible.
2. All candidates in the June primary are strongly encouraged to follow public heath guidelines as they plan and hold campaign activities.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water especially if you have been in a public place or after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick and put distance between yourself and other people if the virus is spreading in your community.
TO PROTECT OTHERS
1. Stay home if you are sick. Before going to the doctor’s office or a hospital, New Mexico residents are advised to call the state’s toll-free, 24-hour coronavirus hotline at 1-855-600-3453.
2. Cover coughs and sneezes, throw tissues in the trash, and then WASH YOUR HANDS.
3. Wear a facemask IF you are sick or IF you are caring for someone who is sick
4. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, such as, tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Mona Trempe, Chair
Democratic Party of Dona Ana County’s Pre-Primary Convention on Saturday, February 22, 2020
Thank you Dona Ana Democrats for a successful convention!
Are you ready for the 2020 primary election on June 2nd?
The flyers below provide important dates about registering to vote, obtaining absentee ballots, and early voting. Go to www.dacelections.com to find a list of all the places to vote on election day.
Get involved where it matters
Connect with us and make a real difference in your community and your country.
how you can help
2019 Labor Day Breakfast
Visit our Event Calendar for the latest information on what’s going on in Dona Ana County.
Join The Mailing List
Stay up to date on local Democratic news & trends, get to know the candidates, and learn how local citizens like yourself are standing up for real change.