ONLINE DISTRIBUTION POLICY & GUIDELINES
The Democratic Party of Dona Ana County maintains a visible presence on the Internet, which includes its website, social media platforms, and email lists. We maintain these channels for the purpose of building a network of interested people, creating public awareness, and spreading our message. Individuals and organizations may request use of certain online resources to provide notices relevant to the DPDAC audience, such as news, voter information, upcoming events and activities, information about Democratic nominees, etc. However, DPDAC must maintain a fair and transparent policy to ensure fairness to all parties involved and avoid claims of endorsement, especially in non-partisan elections and when there are multiple Democratic candidates for a specific office.
REQUEST OF DISTRIBUTION FORM
Interested parties shall request distribution through DPDAC online channels by completing the form found at www.donaanademocrats.com/online-distribution/. DPDAC reserves the right to disapprove of any request.
DPDAC will not create event or campaign images for any outside individuals or organizations. Information must be provided to DPDAC in a suitable, sharable photo file format (.jpg, .png, .pdf, .gif) with appropriate dimensions for the targeted platform. At this time, video files will not be uploaded, but a URL from a video sharing site such as YouTube or Vimeo will be allowed.
Requestors must own the images or have the required permission to distribute. DPDAC will not share images subject to copyright.
Only one (1) request per event will be accepted. DPDAC will create one (1) email or post per event per platform. Requests will be queued, and distribution to our online channels will be done in the order received. Please allow sufficient time for posting before an event date. DPDAC cannot guarantee a delivery date or time.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM GUIDELINES
MAILING LIST (EMAIL)
Our mailing list is composed of people who have verified emails and opted-in to receive information from DPDAC. Combinations of text, HTML, and images can be used, as email is more flexible than social media platforms, but our mailing list system converts emails into images for final distribution.
DPDAC will only share information using the “Post” feature. Stories, Events, Ads, or other methods will not be used.
Facebook photo post dimensions for best viewability in the News Feed:
- All aspects: 2048 pixels (width)
- Square: 2048 x 2048 pixels
- Portrait: 2048 x 3072 pixels
- Landscape: 2048 x 1149 pixels
A square aspect ratio continues to be a popular choice on Instagram, despite Instagram’s move into horizontal and vertical photos – especially as the Instagram profile grid crops content to a 1:1 ratio.
Parts of your photo might be cropped if your photo does not fit within this ratio.
- Square photos be 1080px by 1080px in size, so that after compression, the final version should be close to 600px by 600px.
- Horizontal photos – Instagram recommends an aspect ratio of 1.91:1, but technically users can go as far as 16:9. We recommend that the height of the horizontal photo at least 1080px. That way, after Instagram compresses the file, the photo quality remains high.
- Vertical photos should have an aspect ratio of 4:5. Anything longer (like 4:6 or 4:7), and Instagram will crop your content. We recommend 1080px by 1350px so the final version after Instagram compression will be displayed at around 480px by 600px.
Uploaded photos will appear in followers’ streams and the streams of their followers (if retweeted).
It’s important to note that Twitter may collapse your photo into a smaller version to fit in a user’s stream. Ensure that Twitter displays the portion of the photo you want followers to see by setting the width of your image to fit the minimum requirements. Horizontally center your content so the most important elements of the image are visible in the collapsed version.
- Minimum to appear expanded 440 x 220 pixels (a 2:1 ratio)
- Recommended aspect ratio is 16:9.
- Can tweet up to 4 images at one time.
- Can edit images if tweeting from Twitter iOS or Android app.
- Maximum to appear expanded 1024 x 512 pixels.
- Appears in stream collapsed at 506 x 253 pixels on desktop.
- Maximum file size of 5 MB for photos, and 5 MB for animated GIFs on mobile and 15 MB on web.
Updated April 6, 2020